Renew the Earth is organized to encourage the international exchange of ideas, information, and actions in the transition from a fossil-based economy to one increasingly reliant on sustainable energy and water. Specifically, this includes:
- Supporting the wide range of public and private sector organizations and industries directly and indirectly committed to sustainably advancing biofuels, biopower/energy, and bio based products.
- Encouraging the international exchange of ideas, information, and actions in the transition from a fossil hydrocarbon-based economy to one increasingly reliant on renewable carbohydrates.
- Advancing biomass industries in a manner that improves rural economic development and provides new and lasting opportunities for small-scale businesses and local communities.
- Ensuring the sustainability of biomass feed stocks through research, best practices, and technological advances to enhance the fertility and carbon content of the soil, conservation and protection of water resources, wildlife habitat, wetlands, and watersheds.
- Working collaboratively with the oil industries in the transition from heavier to lighter carbon fuels—the transition from geology to biology to support future generations.
- Supporting enlightened international regulations, standards, and certification practices to further ensure the sustainability of biomass resources.
- Strengthening quantitative and quantitative analyses of bio-energy issues related to the sustainable development and use of biofuels, biopower, and bio-based products.
Leave a Comment